Sunday, August 12, 2012

Crazy Town

How do you know you are starting to lose your mind?

Well, you can start by walking into the chapel at church (really quite late when everything is really quiet and reverent) with the back of your skirt stuck up inside the waistband of your undies, like I did today.

Yep, that just happened.

Can I get a what what?! for my friend Amanda, who pointed it out to me and shared my moment of horror like a kindred spirit.

This gem of a sacrament meeting entrance pretty much sums up the past couple of weeks.

I guess I could blame my embarrassing wardrobe malfunction on the fact that I was too busy wrenching a toy lawn mower away from a kid in the church parking lot and returning it to the car before it noisily made it's way into the church, to give my own problematic knickers a once over.

But I won't.

I didn't really intend to be a peep show during sacrament meeting, but what can I say? It happened.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that we are all getting a bit nutty around here. I'm not sure if I feel this way because we have a giant inflatable Santa Claus which boys #2 and #3 are compulsively dragging around the house and plugging in to watch it whir and slowly inflate.

Check back with me in a few weeks to see if the academic calendar has restored my lucidity. In the meantime, I will likely continue to find myself distractedly singing Christmas carols, which isn't at all creepy in mid-August.






3 comments:

  1. Oh!! I too have done that--walked out of the bathroom at church with my dress tucked up in the unders!! It's a great way to discover that your truest friends are the ones who jump quickly to the rescue:)
    Hang in there..let it snow...let it snow....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love you. You are the greatest!!! I think we are all feeling a bit frazzled this time of year. Tis the season?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to read this post since you told me the story at dinner last week! So funny and yet so embarrassing! You tell it with pure humor though! And no....Christmas carols in August is not weird at all! At least, not for the Croppers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete