Sunday, November 24, 2013

Snippets

This afternoon was memorable with my eldest son's priesthood ordination, and then a celebratory lunch afterward.

Here are a few snippets of the day prior to and during the events:

1. Jack threw my large glass vase filled with water and the flowers I bought for the big day across the vestibule. Ten million shards of glass covered a surprisingly large swath of the house. Also, sticky flower water was everywhere, along with glass shards.

2. Jack flushed a ball down the toilet. Jeff had to remove said toilet from it's fittings to extract it (slightly bigger than a tennis ball). Jeff had to go out for a new wax ring and caulk so he could reseat the toilet before our guests came.

3. Jeff found that Jack had also packed the drain of the bathroom sink with a) string, b) Kleenex, and c) paper, and d) a straw. Unclogging that was a separate project.

4. Jack tipped over the Christmas tree.

5. While in time-out for toppling the tree, Jack tipped his bed on its side and removed the mattress.

6. Jack removed his church clothes after getting dressed and threw them at me. I'll admit---an effective way to communicate "church ain't happening for me today."

7. Jack pooped in the corner of the living room, behind the armchair because, well why not?

8. Jack shredded various important forms and papers and then stuffed them in the grill on the deck.

9. Charlie and I had a showdown over pants. He only will wear one pair of his pants. None of the others will do. He also likes to change clothes 6-8 times per day. You can see how this could be a problem. But it's my problem. He hounds me about pants until I'm ready to throw a chair through a window and scream, "Do what you want, pant-wise, but leave me out of it!"

10. I had a meltdown.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know I'm not the only one that had a melt own this week. But not really. I'm sorry you had a meltdown. At least you were able to clean really good under the toilet and get a nice white caulk line for your company. Ok still not worth it. I'm with jack though. No church today on account of exhaustion.

    ReplyDelete